Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Every Man

This is a little different from who I am. I don't listen to hip hop. I found this watching a Christian TV channel at 2am about two weeks ago.




He wrote this song after reading a book about a young girl who was raped by her father and was put into sex slavery.

For some reason it feels to me like this is something God has been putting on my heart a lot recently. Jeremy and I talked about this exact topic (sex slavery) at Cornerstone last week. And as I am writing this post I'm talking to Claire who mentioned that on a social networking site some guys "bid" on her and bought her for $92. Any website that has a fake bidding system that allows jerks to purchase innocent young girls is, in principle, the same as selling girls for sex. That just sickens me.

Interesiting note: MTV refuses to play this video. They wont tell the true story of a young girl that cuts right to the heart and suggests that we as Americians are both directly and indirectly responsible for such things, yet they play videos that encourage lust and objectivfy women.

No comments: