Monday, March 23, 2009

The Ocean Walker

Sometimes I wish that nobody knew about this so that I could say things without regard or restraint. Right now I have a lot on my mind (although at this point it's all a huge unorganized pile of thoughts, so I'm not working through them). I started to have a really good conversation with Shenanigans earlier tonight, but of course it was unfinished because of about a half dozen people interrupting. Hopefully we can resume this conversation at a later time. It's conversations like that that I crave. Deep, introspective, and mutually uplifting. Those conversations are too few for my taste.

Something I've been thinking about lately is about how I am usually written off as "that weird kid" or "that hardcore kid." I feel like there's so much more that people don't take the time to learn about me. Beneath my awkward exterior and my choice to be a straight edge hardcore kid I am a genuine and unique individual. I guess I'm frustrated by the lack of people in my life who invest in a relationship with me. I had one friendship in high school where we really dug deep into each other. The encouragement, support and understanding that went both ways in that relationship is something I long for. I miss having a relationship like that.

I am the Ocean Walker.

No comments: